follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 22, 2007

    Monday, Monday...

    Great, now I'll have the Mamas and the Papas stuck in my head all day...

    Anywho, Jackson started out his Monday by running his cute litle forehead into the door trim of our bedroom door. He just lost his balance and went flailing forward, and then FWACK. Right on his forehead, and the screaming began. It immediately, and I do mean IMMEDIATELY, turned eggplant purple and swelled up like a goose egg, close to an inch high off his melon. I almost fainted it was so awful-looking. And I'm sure him screaming and making all the blood rush to his head just made it worse, so needless to say we were all worked up.

    I called the ped's office to find out what to watch for since it was SUCH a big bruise, and so fast-forming. They said as long as he seems fine (playing, walking, etc.), is eating ok and not vomiting, he's fine. Which he does and is, now, and the swelling has gone down about half from this morning, but the poor kid seriously looked like he was growing a horn. I'll post a picture when I can, but trust me when I say we are postponing our previously-scheduled-for-Sunday family pictures for a week...or two...

    No comments: