follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 16, 2007

    The Latest and Greatest Plan

    While I love South Beach and all it does for how I feel, for some reason the weight is not coming off as quickly as it did in the past, and certainly not as quickly as I'd like given my dedication level and lack of cheating-ness. And so, in my infinite wisdom (note sarcasm) I have decided to give myself a little jumpstart.

    I have found a plan whose name shall not be disclosed, but it purports that one is able to lose several pounds in many less days. It's not gimmicks or pills or lotions - it's just a list of vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins (along with drinking tons of water/tea) that you eat in a specific order, and doing so is supposed to flush out body fat. It's mostly foods I am already eating anyway, so the change won't be that great. But no salt. That will be tough. I have researched this plan for, gosh, days now, and have found that most people out here in cyberspace who follow it have fairly good luck with it, and if they go back to eating a good diet (like South Beach) when they are done, the weight stays off--which tells me it's more than water weight...but again, see my previous SB post for how I feel about water weight. Smaller is smaller, folks.

    Anyway, one guy uses a body-fat percentage scale and said that of the 7 pounds he lost, 5.5 of it was body fat. That's a pretty damn high percentage of fat. I'd settle for that, no doubt. I have no delusions that this will solve any big weight loss problems, but it may be a good jump start for me to stay motivated. I won't even jinx it by telling you how much weight many have lost on this plan in four days, but I am anxious to see how I fare myself.

    So this is day one. That 1/2 a grapefruit and hot tea went down goooood....ok, so I haven't had anything sweet in 2 and 1/2 weeks, so anything sweet would have done it for me. Lunch is MUCH bigger and will be a nice filling meal for me. I'm looking forward to it, actually.

    I think I need this. I'm due for a good flush. Let's hope this much raw fiber doesn't send me running down the hall all week, though, althought that may not be so bad either. So send skinny thoughts my way, cross your fingers, and I'll keep you posted as the rest of this week goes by, and hopefully they'll be a lot less of me writing to you by Friday. Here's hoping!

    No comments: