follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 18, 2007

    Gosh, Isn't Once a Decade Often Enough?

    Apparently not. It's rather embarassing and speaks to what piss-poor care I take of myself, but I do not remember the last time I was at the dentist. I am fairly sure I was still in my house on 20th St, so that means at least 9, and more likely, 10 years ago was the last time anyone other than my children stuck their fingers in my mouth. And now the time as come to pay the drill-weilding piper. And he WILL be coming at me with a drill, no doubt.

    I have...at least...two, maybe three cavities, that I can be SURE of. Probably more, I have horrible enamel on my teeth, since childhood I've been told I just don't have good enamel. One of them is a tooth that's a baby tooth (yes, a baby tooth) that's already been filled once, so who knows what they'll do with it now.

    And the REALLY good news is that #1) I don't HAVE a dentist here in Omaha, and #2) of the THIRTEEN dentists' offices in Omaha that I have called, NONE can see me any time soon. So now I get to suffer until I can do this crap-shoot known as picking a dentist...

    It's a good thing I take better care of my kids than I do myself, or I'd get them taken away from me. Gotta run...

    2 comments:

    Crazy Mom said...

    Cathy I hope you find a dentist with a gentle touch..

    Anonymous said...

    My lifetime dentist (and now Tim's first dentist) is Dr. Frank Mancuso over on Blondo across from No Frills. They are a small dentist office and I really wouldn't think of going anywhere else! I think they schedule about two weeks ahead. Tim was really worried about going and what they would do. He is really happy with the care he got! You should check them out!
    *Jenny*