follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 31, 2008

    Grammar Lesson: Part Two (not Too or To)

    Ugh...back again, with more crap that drives me nuts when typed by grown-ups...

    They're = another contraction (just like you're = you are), short for "they are". Unless you can replace it in the sentence with "they are", DON'T USE IT!

    There = a place. That's it. If you're not describing a place, DON'T USE IT!

    Their = a possessive pronoun. Unless what comes after it is something that belongs to something/someone, DON'T USE IT!

    Ugh. These are not hard, people, none of them are advanced or complex thoughts to process. If you finished middle school with a passing grade in English, we should not be needing to have this conversation. Figure it out, or put away the keyboard. Seriously. Seriously seriously.

    1 comment:

    Angela said...

    I feel your pain my friend. How about "seen"?

    "I seen these shoes at the store"

    No. No you didn't. You *saw* those shoes at the store and you are going to see my shoes coming at your head. Death. Now.