follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 21, 2007

    Christmas Wishes

    I have so many, for you and for me!

    I wish for you all your wildest dreams come true, all your hearts' desires come to pass, and your metabolism to go sky high and your blood sugar be ever-stable as you sit to enjoy your holiday spread.
    I wish for you peace, joy, happiness, time shared with family and friends, and the perfect piece of pie.
    I wish for you a sweater you love, a tool you need, a book you want, and only good gifts that make you smile.
    I wish for dry roads and clear skies as you travel to be with your loved ones, and not-too-cold days as you make your way.
    I wish for you a strong sense of gratitude at the bounty in your life, and a keen awareness of the want and lacking that some people live with every day, even at Christmas.
    I wish for you a meaningful time of worship, whatever that means to you, that refreshes and renews your beliefs, and makes clear "the reason for the season".

    OK, so I wish all that stuff for me, too, or more accurately I guess I hope someone else wishes those things for me, KWIM? But, in addition, I also wish for some other things:

    ~A laundry person, who would also love to pack for me and two kids when we travel
    ~A personal assistant or three
    ~My son to miraculously wean himself
    ~40 pounds to fall off of me overnight so I can look fabulous for Christmas...I'd settle for 20...
    ~Our debt to magically disappear so my husband can stop stressing over money every day
    ~My dogs to stop shedding, just for a little while, so I can catch up on the dog hair problem - right now it's like fighting an avalanche with a teaspoon and a baggie...
    ~One good family picture
    ~One year with no colds for the kids and us

    Is that too much to ask? I don't think so, but I'm not holding my breath. I do, as I've said, have a TON to be thankful for, so I mostly wish for me a constant and abiding ability to remember how lucky I am, how spoiled I have been for most of my life...and how most of the granting of my wishes lies in my own hands. Merry Christmas, folks. Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll keep coming back to read more. I have a feeling that 2008 is gonna be one helluva ride, and it won't be the same without you!

    God Bless Us, Every One! Merry Christmas!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    And Merry Christmas to you, and I hope many if not all of these wishes come true (I have doubts about the 2-3 personal assistants).

    P.S. You already have beautiful family pictures !

    Deb said...

    No more paper cuts. Seriously, every time I get one, I make a wish for "never again".

    I'm totally with you on the dog hair thing, except no one gave me a baggie.

    Merry Christmas, darlin'.