follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 31, 2007

    A Hair Decision Pending...

    So I mentioned earlier in the week that I haven't had a haircut in a year. At least. I was pregnant with Jackson, and I think it may have been before my birthday, so probably more than a year. Needless to say, my hair is SHOT. Split ends o'plenty, and it's too long to have ANY body or fullness, and it looks especially nice after 1/2 of it fell out in the four months after Jackson was born. It's a good thing my kids don't care (yet) what Mom looks like, and that my husband looks at me with eyes of love because the hair...it's not happenin'. So real soon here, something's gotta give.

    I have ALWAYS wanted to shave my head. OK, not shave it...no, yeah, shave it - for a quite a few years I was determined to shave it off, seriously. I always said I wanted to shave it off and start over and see how it grows back. I've had such lifelong dislike for my hair, I figure how much worse can it come back? It's thin, AND fine, AND it breaks off all the time, it is genetically inferior hair. Mom, Dad, sorry, no offense. Y'all gave me some shitty-ass hair. Notchor fault, not mad atcha, I just calls it like I sees it, folks.

    Anyway, the "shave it" idea has mutated into just wanting a REALLY short cut, like less than two inches long. Greg seems to think there is NO way I won't absolutely HATE it and refuses to help me, but says from his perspective it doesn't matter to him, he'll love me no matter what my hair looks like.

    Sooo, now I just have to decide if I REALLY have the guts to chop it off. I figure, what do I have to lose? I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to, I only see people I know when I choose to, it's summer so a short fun do might be cool...but I might hate it and go into a depression because I've made myself look horrible. But that goes back to "who cares? You're at home 24/7!" It'll grow back, whether I hate it or love it, so like most things in life, it's temporary, right?

    Can you think of any reason not to? I'm really trying, but not coming up with anything...details as they become available, stay tuned!

    OK, how about this one:







    And OK, so I don't have the cute perfect ears for it, but how about this one:





    And this one is longer than I want, and looks like a lot of work but is cute:


    No comments: