follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 14, 2010

    Things I Can't Quite Get My Head Around

    1) Fancy Feast Appetizers. For CATS. Appetizers...for cats, people.

    2) The "Space Station". What the frack are they DOING up there??

    3) Why Facebook keeps jacking with their layout. It's like they LIVE to irritate the shit out of me every six weeks.

    4) That it's been almost 20 years since I met my husband. TWENTY. YEARS. I wasn't even twenty years OLD when I met him.

    5) How I spent 30 years of my life with two ovaries and never got pregnant, but once I was down to one ovary, I tried twice to get pregnant. Twice. As in, two months, two kids. (Not complaining here - marveling at my luck...or vigilant birth control...not sure which it is.)

    6) Alzheimer's. Scariest, most confusing, upsetting disease E.V.E.R. Is Granny 'in there' someplace? Does she know and see what has happened to her in the last five years? Did she know she was slipping away as she was slipping away?

    7) The Olympics. Again...what are they DOING? What do they solve? What is the POINT? And other than temporary economy in one locale and potential endorsement careers for a few athletes, what do they create? How they do they enhance the world? Fine, it's "just entertainment", but still. And how many kids could be fed with just what they spend in marketing and advertising for an event that everyone already knows about?

    8) Nachos at the movies. I'm pretty sure it should be illegal to charge $6.25 for corn chips and cheese. I mean, it's good cheese and all, but damn.

    9) American cities existing in 2010 with no curbside recycling program in place. Mind-boggling. Catch the frak up, people.

    And the tenth, and most important thing I cannot often wrap my head around...

    10) How much I adore my sweet little family, how strong the bond between the four of us is, and how I got so lucky to be blessed with the three of them in my life.

    No comments: