follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 5, 2008

    Sepsis

    That's what killed her. Sepsis.

    Full report to follow, but the death certificate is finally typed up, and that's what it says.

    Aimee Lynn (McKinley) Bunger, cause of death: sepsis.

    I didn't expect to feel better when we found out.

    I was right. I don't.

    It's as though the wound has been ripped open once again, and I am grieving her loss, second-guessing my own actions, and the actions of the hospital, all over again.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Oh Cathy, I am so sorry... I don't know what to say.

    Missives From Suburbia said...

    Hugs, hon.

    Natalie said...

    Cathy,
    So glad I came across this post. I think about Aimee often and it's nice to have some closure on the situation. I was so hoping that it wasn't a tubal...since that hits so close to home for me...although it still doesn't make things right. Just can't believe she's gone...doesn't seem real.

    Anonymous said...

    There are no words. Nothing can make it right. My dear friend lost her dear friend. And no cause can heal the pain. :-( Hugs!!!